1 February 2011 notes from STC-CWC Consultants and Independent Contractors meetup
7:00 to 8:15 at Tim Hortons, 200 Burrard St., lower level food court
Organized by Ben Hechter
Attending: Heather, Eric, Pam
Attendees (and recent CIC attendees) receive emailed notes. Notes also are posted to the Contractors forum http://www.stcwestcoast.ca/index.php/forums/viewforum/15/
⁃ SAP CANADA has an opening for a training specialist (see description below)
⁃ several new postings on the STC-CWC job board
⁃ Learning where non technical tech writing opportunities exist
⁃ Finding work in your niche market
⁃ Exploring characteristics that make you a qualified candidate
⁃ Competing for BC contracts and Aboriginal-focused work
⁃ Building, maintaining and renewing your professional network
SAP HCM Training Specialist
The focus of this role is to build SAP HCM training materials and provide some training delivery in the form of classroom training or individualized coaching session.
• Develop Training Materials (Instructor’s Guide, Student Workbook, Slides, Exercises, On-Line User Guides)
• Review Training and User Documentation Deliverables
• Liaise with Project team for Technical Components of Training
• Work with Change Mgmt Lead to ensure joint solution delivery
• Coordinates the distribution of training material, equipment, and evaluations to avoid redundancies and confusion.
• Establishes and maintains a library of soft-copy curriculum resources and documentation for the project.
• Maintains course information including related spreadsheet and list of training material, registration, attendance, and course evaluation feedback forms.
• Prepare and maintain periodic and ad hoc reports and statistical summaries on training program progress including courses delivered total number of participants, and measurement of evaluations.
• Organizes and reports on training materials; and responds to requests from clients and trainers for general information related to training program.
• Print, assemble and deliver training materials and distributes to course participants or to training sessions.
• Book training facilities and equipment, order catering and supporting materials for training sessions.
• Participates as a member of the change management team, contributing to the delivery and organization of the training program.
• Ability to provide in class training or “one on one” coaching sessions.
• Experience developing materials for an SAP deployment, preferably including HCM.
• Experience developing materials for an on-line, self serve web solution.
• Excellent organizational ability in order to coordinate multiple concurrent tasks and schedules.
• Well developed customer service skills to work with peers, managers and external contractors.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
• Working knowledge of standard office administration routines and practices.
Contacts for SAP Training Specialist:
Valleri Okos - SAP Canada
Jeff Skipper - Peacebridge Performance Inc.
First Tuesday of the month, March 1, 2011
Tim Hortons, 200 Burrard St. There are several Tim Hortons nearby. Use the app TimmyME to locate us.
There is no RSVP. Just show up.